Tuesday, October 16, 2007

about me


contact: elizabeth.kartchner(at)gmail.com

This lil' blog started because Collin was watching a Yankees playoff game on television and I was bored. Ok, really, I wanted to have a place to share creative projects, pictures of my darling munchkins & extraodinary thoughts about our ordinary days.

I love being a mommy & when my kiddos are nappping you will find me scrapbooking for my monthly column in Creating Keepsakes magazine, 'Dear Lizzy.' Where scrapbookers from all over the country can submit any sort of questions and I will do my best to answer them... I started working for Creating Keepsakes after chasing my dreams & winning the "Scrapbooker of the Year" contest in 2007.

Thrilled to collaborate with American Crafts to design my own line of Dear Lizzy craft products.

My first book is coming out November 1, 2009 titled, "52 more Scrapbooking Challenges." Full of inspiring pages to jump start your creativity.



I also was extremely flattered to be named one of The 50 Most Fabulous People in the March 2009 issue of Utah Valley Magazine.

I enjoy traveling and am working on projects for upcoming events in Nashville, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Japan. If you are interested in me teaching at your store or event-simply shoot me an email.

I have a couple secret projects up my sleeve right now... but I am free to shout from the rooftops that I am planning an event with 3 fabulous ladies called Spark and I'm doing some online classes that I will announce on my blog. stay tuned...


Email me if you are interested in one of my blog sponsors! By having your fabulous products or company showcased in a blog post or a link in the sidebar of my blog ==>

Connect with me on Twitter & Facebook

Momma to 2 silly sprouts
Wifey to my best friend
Sucker for colorful shoes
Loves to play with paper and glue
Cries easily but laughs even easier
Enjoys monthly column 'Dear Lizzy' in CK
Travels all over the world sharing my passion with others
Deprived of sleep
Ignores the fact that brownies aren't good for you
Seeks to inspire others
Listens to Zee Avi
Adores laughter, a clean home, minimallows & vintage cameras.

Thanks for stopping by... Feel free to leave and comment and say hello!!

31 comments:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh, you darling! How have I never known about you and your spunky self?! I'm feeling rather like we could be kindred spirits for all time.

Thank goodness for Nie who posted about the Spark event today, else I'd have never discovered your beautiful blog and funkadelic style.

Will check in much and much!

Hugs,
Brooke

Sandie said...

Just found you on Willow Traders... and I love it. I LOVE your description of yourself!!

Jocelyn said...

Hiya! You are so darling, do you mind sharing where you got your necklace you are wearing in your about me pic? PLEASE? I am looking for one! Did you make it? Buy it? Thanks!

haviano said...

ok so I've just joined your blog- and on the front page you are wearing the most adorable red cardigan or sweater? Can you tell me where you got it- I LOVE IT!!!! You can email me at haviano@gmail.com

LucyL said...

Hi I just found ypur blog, and I think is worderfull.. All the inpiration you give is awesome. I love love your plower necklace... Do you make those or mind sharing who does??? Thanks a lot

Tim said...

Liz,
I didn't realize you were so famous. Way to go!

Tim

Bianca said...

I Miss you :)

Mai said...

hello lizzy :)
i just came back from my holidays in the US, with your book in my suitcase...
i feel so happy just reading it and i can't wait to try the challenges.
thx for the beautiful ideas !!

Jen said...

where did you get your cool backsplash in this photo???
we are building a house right now and i would LOVE to know!!!
xo
Jen

MichelleB said...

I just saw your book last night and it's fab! I'm taking part in a year long challenge class at my LSS based on your book! Check it out here: http://www.sturbridge-scrap.com/schedule.htm.

Thank you for some very cool inspiration!

Brittany said...

Wow I love your blog!--Im only sad ive not found it sooner!!!

Marianna said...

You're FABULOUS! I love you projects and postings! Thanks for sharing!

~Marianna

Unknown said...

I love your photography work! It is refreshing, pure, smart and conceptual. Please create a flickr page so I can follow:)!

Shannon b said...

hello! love reading your blog and getting a dose of your fun style. I have a question -- I love the capri leggings you pair with skirts & dresses . . . where do you get your leggings, and is there any brand you recommend? I have a dress that would go perfectly with some white or pale pink leggings. Thanks!

cheyenne said...

are you still writing for CK? I havent seen anyone that was a regular and the only two that actually announced their out were Lisa and Becky. you too?

Sunshine of Seven said...

You are a breath of fresh air and oh soooo talented! I enjoy your blog, it's refreshing to hear another mother that loves to raise kids and still be herself! Thanks for sharing!!

purinne said...

hihi lizzy :) wld just like to let you know tat i really love your creations and reading your blog :) ... am so madly in love with your dear lizzy series product that i practically hav the entire range hehehe :)

Rosa said...

I didn't realize you were in Utah. I live in Salt Lake. Do you ever host classes? You have a very unique style. I love it!

Marbles in a Mason Jar said...

I just bought your book today at Michael's. I was so excited to see your face sitting on the shelf, I didn't have any one with me, but I jumped up and down and grabbed the book quickly and ran to the checkout. The cashier thought I was totally weird, but that's okay. 'Cause I am!

Anonymous said...

Hi
i'm Korean my name is hye-jin
you know Korea? :-)
i'm interested in scrapbooking
light upon you site
Wonderful~!!

Have good time

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Colleen. I accidently ran across your site. What a fun place! Did I read you live in Utah? So do I. I'm excited to look around the site more to see what it is all about. All the fun pictures and comments have caught my eye.
Thanks,
Colleen
http;//www.etsy.com/shop/CounterFitCakes

*Alison* said...

Hey liz.. this is Alison.. I can't find your email addy so I thought I would leave a comment here..

email me if you can.. familybubbles @ hotmail.com (dot) com

I have the link for my dad's fundraiser..

www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

HUGS love ya

Traci Michele said...

Hi there,

Would you be interested in doing a giveaway/review on my blog, Ordinary Inspirations? Also, I'd love to have you Sponsor Ordinary Inspirations by running a fabulous ad in my sidebar!

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

Traci

PS: I'll send you more details and stats if you are interested.

Moriah said...

Just got introduced to your lovely blog - you are adorable. Excited to start following along with you :)

-moriah

http://josiahsnest.com

. said...

Just came across you're amazing blog and am totally smitten! We actually share the same nickname, except my full first name is lizabeth:)


Looking forward to following, see ya!





thepepperandherpups.blogspot.com

kittymitty said...

i love your blog, your pictures your ideas and style :) i really like your ideas <3

could you give us tipps about photography? your picture looks so soft and the colors looks so fantastic. :)

Lise-Anne Michel said...

Such a cute blog! This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a fab blog you have! So inspiring! I also would love to know where you got the necklace you are wearing in your profile photo. It's gorgeous. Keep up the great work!

Bellaidea said...

Hi! I just saw your new place and now I see your blog. So much of inspirations! Love it! Regards and have a great weekend?Any game on TV ? :)
http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/

{ T G L } said...

Nice blog and am following you! :)

But the best part so far is that awesome 'Shalom' t-shirt you're wearing. That tickles this Jew in the right places! :)

Blessings,
This Good Life
http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/

Ronda said...

I'm wondering if you've ever done a family time capsule? I want to do one with my family and could use some ideas. I love your creativity but most of all I love the meaning behind all the creative stuff. Ronda.
email- ronda.salisbury@imail.org