Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh baby!

My friend Loni Leah came to my house over the weekend with this in hand. (Yes, it's fun to have friends in high places;) A box full of everything needed to organize my mommy thoughts and baby stuff. It's the Kit of the Month baby album by Becky Higgins. Collin got sick of me saying, "look at this... and this... and this" as I was excitedly explaining how the album works, so I'll share some of the details with you! If you don't mind. :) 
 
Here is a layout where I used all products from the kit including a little pocket to hold her hospital bracelet and a foot print.  

Another layout where I cut one of the page protectors from 12x12 to about 9X12 and filled all the little pockets with the pre-cut squares, photos, rubons and other goodies. All memories from her birth day. 

 
I love that it includes photo protectors to include extra photos and pre-cut journaling spots to slide into the sleeves as well. I still need to gather up more of Lady Q's cards. I'm not used to having a happy home for them. There are a couple more 12x12 envelopes where I am excited to fill with items the next few months. So far I've included her cozy, little hat that was put on her head after she was born and other keepsakes. 

Every month has it's own 3X12 journaling spot and transparency where you can journal about milestones, happenings, and any other fun facts about your baby. This kit is seriously jam packed with tons of product, you'll love it! (No, Loni did not pay me to say that! :)

I love the layered effect of everything together in the album. What's my favorite album you ask? :) American Crafts Albums. I love the D-ring albums because not only was I tired of my fingers hurting from working with those screws but I am always moving my pages around. I guess I shouldn't blame that on the post-bound albums but rather my indecisiveness. :)

25 comments:

James and Erin Joseph said...

I just pre-ordered this KOTM last night and you are making me realize how happy I am that I did! Can't wait to get it! Looks even better than I imagined. :)

Karen said...

Such a cute kit/album. i saw it on Becky's blog last night. i don't have little ones any more...mine are grown. this is a great kit for anyone with a new baby! enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

Just finished watching Becky's videos about these kits. So neat! I ordered 3 earlier this week. Looking forward to catching up on my baby's albums. :)

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Lovely photos of your work and posts about your adorable girls. Just makes me want to keep on scrapping about mine!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele
Austin, Texas

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit this, but I ordered this kit yesterday. Nope, not pregnant, but it will be nice to have someday when I AM, right? :o)

Oh, and my friends just introduced me to Erin McKeown :D

Anonymous said...

I hope CK pays you well because you so sell their kits! CUTE CUTE pages! Thanks!

Tiffany said...

SO dang dang cute! You make me want it, and I was trying hard to not look at it...Where is that credit card?

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love what you did with that kit :) I just had my second little one, one month ago... wish the kit was shipping now!

Allison said...

That is SO SO cool! What a great kit. I'm going to have to get the AC D-rings next. I totally don't scrap in order and also appreciate the ease of moving stuff around! :)

Sharon said...

Your creations are gorgeous like always :)

Sara Ancich said...

Thanks for letting us into your albums...always inspiring and a little depressing for those of us that are so far behind! How big is that "S" on your chest anyway?
You go girl!

heather telford photography said...

These are really cute!! :)

Sara said...

I pre-ordered mine already & can't wait to get my hands on it! Yeah so what that my girls are 7 & 4!

Shara said...

I am in love with this kit!!! My little boy is 19 months, and my daughter is 4 1/2, so most of their baby albums are finished, but I think I am going to have to go back through and add more pages with this adorable stuff.

Aartee said...

this is too cute! I loved it when I saw it but no babies here anytime soon! The pages you did for Quincey are gorgeous though!

{amy k.} said...

Ohhh! I love it! Adorable!

Hey, are you taking that photog class you said you were signing up for a while ago?

Ashley said...

Thanks for showing us what you did with this kit. Adorable!

Jasey said...

The Office premiere,... it's going to be a good day! I love your blog. Your are living my dream.

natalienicole said...

you should get commission. i have a brand new baby and will be purchasing it. thanks for the heads up!
you are greatly blessed with creativity...

EmmaJ said...

I love this! I have to run next door and tell my neighbor about it because she is very overwhelmed by the whole baby album thing, but I think she'll love this!

Zoo2 said...

I'm always inspired by your pages (& I have two boys!) and look forward to checking out your blog. It always happy and colorful here. :)

Rena said...

so cute.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Hmmmm, now you have ME drooling over the kit!!! Love your sweet pages.♥

Jeannette P said...

I'm a little jealous about you getting your hands ono that kit. You did an amazing job already with it though & I am looking forward to it coming out next week. I think it is going to go fast though so I'm hoping I can get my hands on 3 of them. Not sure if I will remember to get online & order them though since I'll be nursing my 6 year old back to health after her tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy. Plus I have to play homeschooling on top of it all since she'll be out of school for the week. Sheesh, they do a TON of work in the 1st grade. I guess its back to school for me too. :D

Sheyb said...

what a great kit!!! You did an amazing job!


Shealynn
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5114995