Monday, December 1, 2008

December already?


I hope everyone had a fun, yummy weekend! Since Collin was home from work and we had some extra time on our hands we decided instead of staying home and stuffing our face with leftovers we would take these kiddos to Kangaroo Zoo. What is Kangaroo Zoo you ask? Basically toddler heaven where we sign away our safety at the door and then bounce around on huge blown up toys all day! That was their reward if they would pose for some pictures. So, even though they were dressed up in completely unmatched outfits :) we tried to get a photo of them. Avery did what she does best-avoid eye contact with the camera at all costs! While Matthew threw rocks. If some hit me (while Collin was taking pics) that was alright because it was all in the name of good photos! :)
They can do one thing on cue and that is kiss when we ask them. Probably the only time Avery listens to her mom! :)



I am so so swamped right now with two larger-than-life projects! But I am determined to do a 'December Daily album' as seen on Ali's blog! I didn't have time to make my own album pages but found the perfect album at the Evalicious Etsy store. It's a Christmas art journal already put together with bits and pieces of sheet music, chipboard, tags, patterned paper, felt, etc. I love it!! She also includes pieces of Scenic Route's Christmas Paper and Sticker sheets. Capturing every detail of the holiday season from the tree, home decor, to our family traditions is my goal this year-I can't wait!

More of her handmade accents!

Happy Monday!!

22 comments:

Amanda said...

Darling! I plan to do a daily album too..,maybe I'll get the premade one as well. So is Matthew your nephew? Cute pics and glad you had a happy holiday!

elizabeth kartchner said...

yep matthew is my little nephew-he's the cutest!!

Haley said...

Hi Liz! You're pictures are just adorable. What do you do to them to make them pop like that? I love the vintage look to them.

Unknown said...

Hi Liz,
I can't seem to find the Christmas Art Journal on the website you provided. Can you help???

elizabeth kartchner said...

Hi Haley,
Collin photoshopped those ones so I will ask him what he did!

:)

elizabeth kartchner said...

Denise,
She may be sold out. I know she had some earlier today. You can send her a message through etsy and she can let you know if she has more! Let me know how that goes.

:)

Akira_kin said...

You have some of best pics, and well it just can't hurt having some of the cutest kids! Your nevvie looks so sweet!

Akira_kin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth kartchner said...

Denise
It looks like the albums are all sold out. Here is a link to one that she sold. I would just click 'contact' and ask her if you could order one or when she will be posting more.

:)

elizabeth kartchner said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=12088350

Lindsay Bateman said...

Beautiful photos! LOVE the coloring of them.

Bea said...

That picture more affectionate!, And a photo very well done, I want to learn how to take pictures like that. I would love to take pictures as beautiful to my niece.

Sara Ancich said...

Cute, clear pictures. Now where's that new hair do?

Marianela said...

Cute pictures! and this daily album is a wonderful project!

XOXO from Spain!

s a n s k u :) said...

Cutest pictures ever!

Lisa said...

Absolutely love reading your stuff! The pictures are great and I think it's so cool how your husband supports you. The bit on Twilight was so funny!

Do you know if there's going to be a December KOTM?

smileyfish76 said...

I love those curls on that little boy. I have stick straight hair and would love for one of my kids to have curls like those. It's funny that the only on cue pose they could do is kiss. Very cute pic Colin.

Mandi said...

Beautiful pics! What kind of camera do you have?? Incredible!! Thanks!!

Jess said...

The pictures are always cute! I love the look of them. I wish I had time to do an album like that! Maybe once I have kids, I'll attempt it!

Do you have any specific filters that you use for your photos?

Kristi K said...

Yes, I would love to also find out what Colin did in photoshop! Thanks so much!

Maisy said...

Such beautiful kids. Thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

Why is it that they refuse to look at us. My kids will look anywere but at my camera!

I remember you posted about wanting to print your blog a while back. I can't find it, did you go through with it? Who did you use? Are you happy with the results?