Friday, June 17, 2011

sunny side up

Shades of Summer started when I was pregnant with Quincey and I knew I wouldn't be traveling anywhere that summer so we thought it would be fun to send around 10 pairs of traveling sunglasses. Surprisingly, you guys are enjoying taking dorky pictures wearing them with me so this will be our fourth year.
Last night my darling sister, Ashley, and her cute family joined us at our local Carnival. I talked Ash into being the first SOS girl this year. We might have almost broke the table we were sitting on and almost had to pay $5 to try to pop the balloons behind us but thank goodness neither happened.
Another reason I like SOS is that it encourages us to get on the other side of the camera & to not worry if anyone is looking at you while you cheese it up wearing pink aviators.
I know, I know... we've already worn pink sunnies. I was hoping for turquoise but the coupon clipper in me couldn't beat $1.50 at Forever 21.
Here we go!! Email me at ShadesOfSummer@gmail.com if you want to join in the fun. EDITED I filled up for the SOS this year! Thanks everyone who emailed me by 3:45 mountain standard time you are on the list.
By signing up you pinky swear you will do the following:
-Take a photo wearing shades and email me a picture at shadesofsummer@gmail.com.
-Place the shades back in box and ship to next SOS girl with in 2 days.
-Post a picture on your blog, facebook, etc if you want to & link back here. That's it!

If you are near Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria email Barbara our SOS organizer at scrap-impulse@t-online.de but you will still email me your photo once you take it. Thanks!


PS You can still enter the Ruche $50 gift card giveaway here!

45 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

I emailed you!!!!!

Redheaded Wife said...

EMAILED!

Erica W. said...

emailed!

Joanne said...

i emailed you too:) can't wait.

beeH said...

Liz, I just emailed you about it but I'm in Europe, should I email Barbara instead? Thanks for organising it again this year!

elizabeth kartchner said...

Hi Bee,

yeah, email barbara she is getting the same shades and you will still email me a picture when you take one so I can post it on my blog. :)

thanks

elizabeth kartchner said...

Hi Bee,

yeah, email barbara she is getting the same shades and you will still email me a picture when you take one so I can post it on my blog. :)

thanks

Redheaded Wife said...

Okay I emailed again, since I jumped the gun and emailed before you changed your post to include the name/address/etc. LOL

I was just too excited to think of that part!

<3

elizabeth kartchner said...

haha thanks redheaded wife! :) Makes copying and pasteing to spreadsheets a whole lots easier! :)

Benga said...

Hi! I emailed too, I'm from Singapore, I hope I'm qualified :) tnx!!! - Marix

Anonymous said...

Yay! Emailed you. . .such a fun way to kick off summer!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

ok, emailing again with my address etc, since I too sent mine before you asked for that info :)

Stef said...

Crossing my fingers!!!

Stef

Redheaded Wife said...

When are you going to ship out the glasses? I can't wait!

Ellie said...

OHHH Hope I'm not to late! I sent over an email too :)

Chance said...

I just emailed! I hope I didn't miss the boat! Super excited to get in on the action!

Stephanie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Idea! I will email you!

I have a blog give away this week!

http://stehanie32.blogspot.com/2011/06/lee-farms-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed! I've tried the past couple of years with no luck!

Tracy said...

Love this idea...email is on it's way, hope I make it!

Jenn said...

Such a cool idea!!

Jennifer said...

love this idea ... hope I make it in this year!

CalleLillyCafe said...

just emailed SOS info! Happy Friday! Oh yeah! I'm excited too bcuz I FINALLY have your 52 Chall. book! yay for me! =)

Cathy Pascual said...

I e-mailed you too! :)

angie said...

Pinky promised. Email sent!

jennaelayne said...

emailed!! xo jenna

Iska said...

I hope I am in! I snuck out of a huge meeting to send my email! I was introducing the speaker and almost missed my intro since I was outside in the hall! Happy Friday everyone!!!

Megan G. said...

pinky swear!

Andrea said...

I emailed & I pinky swear too!!

Renee Zwirek said...

Wow, it filled up so quickly. My MIL was over today for a visit and I forgot to send out my email draft at noon CST. Oh well, I'll try next year! :) Have fun everyone!

jackie said...

how do we know if we made it? i emailed you, but havent heard anything in response...

EmmaJ said...

Oh, I missed it again! I saw the first post and then kids took over today and I forgot. I guess it will be just another year of watching... or maybe I'll kick off my own version.

Giny Cortés said...

I missed it! ;( Well, I'm glad you got it going again. If you get more glasses, COUNT ME IN! Have fun everyone!

elizabeth kartchner said...

Hoping to get the sunnies out on monday!

:)

elizabeth kartchner said...

jackie,

I don't have time to email everybody but just know that if you emailed me at the shades email you will be put on a list... ! :)

then it's up to you ladies to keep them movin' !! :)

Jacqueline said...

I emailed before 11:45pm CET, but I think I forgot the address. Will I be on the list or not??

Tracey Lynne said...

I will have to get in on this next year.
Lesson learned. Never miss a week of BLOG reading.

Sasha Farina said...

boo!! i missed it again!!

Ashley said...

Your corn, bean, tomato, avocado concoction is called Cowboy Caviar in our neck of the woods (Lehi). Only we use a pkg of dry italian seasoning. Yum!

Jen Schow said...

Love your pic of the Strawberry Days carnival. So pretty.

About WFG said...

Nice way to start with the summer but now its too late for me, but yeah, i really liked the shades.

joscelyne cutchens said...

I'm wondering if I'll get a pair this summer? :( Hopefully whoever is on the list before me is sending it my way soon.

Joanne said...

Just wondering if you've had anyone send you pics of the shades? I'm still waiting:( I'm afraid they didn't make it to me:( I'll be on the look out for the pictures though, seems super fun.
Thanks.
Joanne
jpineda77@hotmail.com

Online greeting said...

I like this idea. I snack out of a huge meeting to send my email! I was introducing the speaker.This is a very good thought.

Custom greeting said...

I love this picture.I missed it again! I saw the first post and then kids took over today and I forgot. I guess it will be just another year of watching. Thanks for sharing.

JKP Foundation said...

Awesome innovation, i wish i could stay at the places you told and email yo, great pics.