Thursday, October 16, 2008

jibber jabber


Not much time to chat but I wanted to post some pics because they make me oh, so happy! She is cracking me up lately with her jibber jabber. I love it. My favorite is that when she doesn't want to do something I ask her to she simply says it's sleeping. For example:
"Wanna go outside?" She replies,"No. Outside went nigh night."
"Let's change your poo poo." "Poopoo went nigh nigh!"
"Wanna watch Barney?" "No, Elmo went nigh night." She refers to Barney as Elmo for some reason.
Ah, I love this age. But I think I've said that at every stage of her life. :)

Need to download the pictures from Collin's week it's been really fun taking pictures of my Mint-Oreo dunking in Milk Man. Say that 10 times fast.

I was super inspired by this talk recently about creativity and compassion.
Here's a quote.

"You may think you don't have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.
What you create doesn't have to be perfect. Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.

As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.

I believe that as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others—God will encircle you in the arms of His love. Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment."

Just wanted to share a bit of it. I love the image of "flowing laughter..."
Hope you're having a happy day!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What AMAZING pictures of Avery! She is beautiful! I agree, every age is the best! Well, today is my birthday and I am treating myself to some scrapbooking in the afternoon while my 3 yr old naps! Woo-Hoo! Just needed your tunes and I am ready to go! Thanks! :-)

elizabeth kartchner said...

Happy Birthday Carol!!
How fun! Enjoy the scraptime and tunes!! :)

Anonymous said...

Quote Reference: Collin Kartchner...jk.

Boy do I love these pics. I don't know why people keep asking me who the sperm donor was.

Jill said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures of your little girl! :)

Rena said...

thanks for that quote...awesome!

Brooke said...

Those are great photos! Beautiful ;) You seem to have a great way of creating beauty... I admire your scrapbooking and yearn to have your creative talents. I realize that my pages would be better if I had such fabulous photos to work with - they are always beatiful! Anyway, here's to creating beauty with your talents!! Still cracking up over the sperm donor comment by Collin -Hee Hee!

Emilyt said...

Those pics are so BEAUTIFUL of Avery!! Tell her thank you for creating smiles today. :)

Jasey said...

Yes!!! You and Collin have created beauty yourselves in that little sweetheart. As I sat at the broadcast and heard that talk I knew it was the new maual to my life. It was so inspired.

jeana said...

thanks for the talk reminder! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this part:"What you create doesn't have to be perfect. Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside" Thanks for posting it! Your girl is beautiful! I created a banner for my blog with the instructions you gave in your CK article. Thanks!

Latrice said...

Super cute pictures Liz!! I have to tell you I just printed pictures of George (My hubby) eating regular Oreos!! What is it with men and Oreos. So funny. Haven't tried the mint ones.

Thanks for sharing.

Sara Ancich said...

how funny is your husband...he could write for "The Office"...he should quit his day job...fast.

Mary and Ryan said...

That Avery is too beautiful for words1! I love her! I love when they start talking....Dallas said prayers last night pretending he was a kitty and just meowed the whole time:)

Mary and Ryan said...

That Avery is too beautiful for words1! I love her! I love when they start talking....Dallas said prayers last night pretending he was a kitty and just meowed the whole time:)

Sharon said...

Avery is so gorgeous and looks so grown up! I love the quote and I think everyone should read it. I'll put it up on my blog a little later. Hope you don't mind.
Thanks for sharing :)
P.S. Collin is hilarious!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

thanks for the neat quote! I just found out today that the summer 2009 reading program theme for the Iowa libraries will be CREATIVITY~ I will have to make a poster with part of this quote!

Sara said...

I absolutely enjoyed that talk as well. I went home completely rejuvenated!

{Brooke} said...

So glad you put that on there! I love conference time and all that comes with it. Thanks! Cute pics

Anonymous said...

It was so nice of you to pop over to my blog for a little visit! I feel honored to have a real celebrity leave a post- I'll never wash my keyboard again! (obscure Brady Bunch reference... never mind.)
Avery is adorable- she and my Abby seem very much alike. I bet they'd be buds if you all lived in sunny CA!

Hámos Beáta (betsie) said...

Hi Lizzy!
I love reading your blog and getting inspired by your work!
Beautiful photos of Avery, wow, she is so cute!
I also loved the quote.
Lately I got really inspired by one of your pages in CK and I made my own version, you can check it out here, on my blog if you want:
http://betsieworld.blogspot.com/2008/10/2-katica.html
Thank you for being so inpiring, keep up the good work! :)

Sasha Farina said...

that little miss Avery... i could eat her up! :D

Shannon (SLBB) said...

Great Quote ! Also love that you are doing a week of your hubby I think that is fantastic.

Aartee said...

She is adorable! Happy Friday!

s a n s k u :) said...

Love this posting. Love the quote by President Uchtdorf. Your little girl is very sweet. :)

I just went through your Playlist and hope you don't mind me copying many of your songs to my blog. :)

Maggie said...

Don't you just love the jibber-jabber?! We do, too! Everyday our little one says something new. We look so forward to it! =)

She is a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes post! You made my day even better. I told my husband that I felt so honored....it's just like Penny said about you being a celebrity...I know I am so sappy, but it tickled me to see it! Ah, it's the little things in life that make me smile.... Thank you!

Carla said...

Such cute pictures! Love the quote - very up lifting!

kaly said...

Beautiful eyes on that sweet girl, Liz.
Thanks for writing something about that talk. I was so moved as I listened to his words. I filled a whole page and a half of notes when normally, I barely even write two bullets! When the conference issue comes out, it should be mandatory for all husbands everywhere to read that one!

Jess said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing the talk. I think it is a great reminder.