Tuesday, February 9, 2010

l♥ve l♥ve l♥ve


The hearts used for one of the banners in my Valentine's decor were cut from this cute paper by Little Yellow Bicycle. Then I sewed them together with my sewing machine-I just kept the pedal to the metal while quickly feeding the hearts through. I doubt my machine likes that! ;)
It was really simple and fast. You can also cut hearts from paper you have... I just liked the mix of patterns from the heart paper.

This photo was one of the first times I used Totally Rad Action's textures. I love how you can push a button to run the action then use the eraser tool in Photoshop (I use CS3) to erase where you don't want the texture. The action ran for this one was the Dirty Diana.
Loving the contrast of the soft focus, pretty colors with the rough texture.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I have to save up for thos actions!
The banner is cute!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

I love your banners!! I have to try this tonight on my sewing machine..hopefully it doesn't put up too much of a fight! ;)

s a n s k u :) said...

if you're still looking for a photographer for family pictures, this gal is one of my favorites:
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/ she's in the salt lake area. love her work!

i can't wait to learn how to use my new adobe CS3! all those photo actions look so nice.

Tiffany said...

Loving your Valentine's Day decor. And I love that banner. So fun!

Sara Ancich said...

THis might win for the dumbest question ever: How do you type a heart in your post title?

I know, I know. Pretty silly right? Its cute and I would love to try.

If you could take zero point five seconds out of your day to share, i would be forever grateful.

margie said...

dirty diana...
oh you shouldn't have...
lol
i love love love...
kiss kiss
m

Aubrey said...

That's funny! I wanted to ask the dumbest question ever too! It's cute though...share with us:
hearts for dummies lesson will ya!?

I loved your la la love so much that I just combined a project with the hearts on ali edwards blog and your la la love you in the mix....
FUN stuff. we're snowed in here so it was a good excuse to PLAY!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE this heart banner and the papers you used for it. I made one similar using red and white heart-shaped doilies. I'll be using it for my nieces bridal shower this weekend. :o)

Jen said...

GORGEOUS!

~ m said...

I love the Totally Rad Actions! I use them all the time. They have an amazing new texture package that i am coveting currently.

As always, love reading your blog!

Kim J. said...

I'm so feeling the need to make a banner now! I don't have a sewing machine (yet), so I'll have to get creative with twine and ribbon. Such a tasty project.

Becky said...

I heart this! You always do the cutest things!

Rhonna Farrer said...

i l ve you!
sooo pretty!
xo
r

Melody said...

I love Totally Rad Actions! I love your idea...makes me want to go and make one right now!

Emily said...

gorgeous!

Jessica said...

I LOVE Totally Rad...been using them for years....great stuff! I made a paper heart garland too & one made with felt hearts....Love it. Now I'm going to steal your XO idea :) Thanks!!!