Wednesday, February 23, 2011

this moment


This very moment everything feels right. And real. And sad but comforting all at the same time.

Quincey and I are sitting in Lola's nursery on the world's comfiest chair with my laptop. She's a bit sick which also means she's cuddly.
I just got off the phone with my little brother who lives only 15 minutes away that I miss dearly and had to call him. Today is a special day for our family because it's remembrance day of our dad . (My cute sis-in-law termed it "Remembrance Day". I never had a word for today, but when she said that it melted my heart.)

Collin is in the other room playing the piano and singing the perfect words for this very moment. It's not a coincidence... he's done that before... singing just what my heart needed to hear.

To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do...

Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear
Run sung here by Leona Lewis
Miss you daddy.